Continuing the design process, I wanted to go 3D for the final image since the beginning.
So, at this point, it was time to go to ZBrush and work on a bust.
My idea was to make a full body figure, but the bust and face are key points in character design. So, if I could get it right, I was in the right track.
I used an Adobe Fuse model for the base mesh and did a quick render and some paintovers in Photoshop.
I decide to try the “shiny silver eyes” and evil grinning versions described in the book just to see how it looked.
After these tests and being more advanced in the book, it became clear to me that the second version (number 18 of the previous post) was better suited for the final concept.
I then went and worked a bit on the face, giving it more expression and unique features.
This third version had me happier with the result. I tried the blue eyes described in its first appearance in the book, as well as the predatory yellow ones, also shown in both films (new and old). I also made the eyes a bit off, again inspired by the new Pennywise version (because it looks creepier too).
I then went to ZBrush and made some refinements in the face.
Having decided for a final one, I went back to the paintover and updated it, as well as the evil grim version.
Now, it was time to go for the clothes and the illustration.